Okay, so I wasn’t going to post about this, but I changed my mind. It helps me to stay accountable if I put it out here on my blog. With the New Year, I’ve decided to make a few changes in my habits to try and be healthier this year. The goal of course is to lose some weight, but ultimately my goal is to be happier and healthier and losing some weight will get me there.
Small changes are the key to starting out – so here is my new daily plan.
Eat a healthy breakfast
- I’ve always had a problem with eating healthy for breakfast. I often grab whatever I can because I am starving and just chow down. I am going to focus on sticking to healthy meals, like oatmeal, yogurt, and peanut butter toast.
Exercise with my Simply Fit Board
- This was a gift for Christmas that I wanted – I’ve used it a few times, but I am not certain I will get results from it, but I am going to try. The idea is so simple, just spin back and forth on the board, and work on your core muscles. So simple it should be no problem, right?
Walk on the Treadmill
- We have a treadmill at our house, which I used to take advantage of and walk five miles a day, but that has gotten away from me and I need to get back to it. I plan to start small and work my way back up to walking five miles a day to stay fit.
Eat a healthy lunch
- Again, here the key is to make healthy choices for my lunch and skip the snacks throughout the day.
Eat a healthy dinner
- Self – explanatory, and I usually do pretty well on eating a healthy dinner. The exception being there will be no more Mac-n-cheese in my life.
Sit ups & Push ups before bed
- I can easily add this into my routine and should have years ago, but since I didn’t I’ll have to do it now! No time like the present they say.
I am starting out unfortunately well over a healthy weight, wearing a size 16 in jeans, but I want to get myself back down to a size 8 or 9, where I always felt the healthiest.
I plan on documenting my progress on occasion, as I really want to stay motivated and accountable for my goals.
What are your health and fitness goals for the year?
Categories: Healthy Living